The ramblings of Mrs. Smith as she shops, decorates and anything else she deems funny!







Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Mr. Smith finally let me paint!



It's true, Mr. Smith doesn't like me to paint furniture.  
It's his "thing". 
Whatever!

It could stem from the time that we were repainting our master bedroom and bathroom in Sacramento.
  
He was working, I was nursing a 6 month old.

  I was trying to be nice and paint while Mr. Smith was at work.

Just when I was getting into painting it would be feeding time again.

 I let the paint brushes dry with paint on it.
  
Sorry, hungry boy was more important at the time- paint brushes not so much. 

 Absolute horror for Mr. Smith! 

Could also be that I was a little heavy handed painting the bathroom and left drips of paint on the molding. 

(You would only notice it when you sat on the toilet.)

So there you go - a little history of why he won't let me paint.

Fast forward 13 years......


Mr. Smith was working at an antiques show at our local mall demonstrating CeCe Caldwell's paint that we sell.


I've never painted with it.

Nope.

Reason- see above explanation.

Could also be that I leave the sides of the can messy.

 I tried to explain to Mr. Smith that not everyone is perfect like him and that lots of imperfect people paint.

So long story short(not),
I found a cute coffee table and begged him to let me paint it at the show.



Finally.....









Glossy table with some deep scratches.

First I covered the table with Pittsburgh Grey-not the whole thing just enough that I could sand through to the color in places.

Then I painted the entire table in Simply White.




Mr. Smith was nice enough to help paint the legs so we could get it done a little faster.


Then we sanded the heck out of it.

Mr. Smith sanded the legs and I sanded the table top.



Love the little medallions on the legs that got lost when it was wood colored.




Mr. Smith finished up by waxing it and buffing it out.

Not too bad for my first time painting with CeCe Caldwell's paint!


Moral of this story:

Yes "even messy - need to feed their babies before rinsing out paint brushes moms" can paint. 

It did help that my kids aren't nursing anymore (they were partying it up at the grandparents So. Cal home). 

 Technically I was child free but I think that you still could paint with little ones around.

  That is as long as your husband isn't Mr. Smith.

Will he let me paint again?

I'm not holding my breath.




No husbands were hurt in the painting of this table. 
Please ask permission before operating painting equipment if you are married to Mr. Smith.  
Mr. Smith approved this blog. 
 I still love him!



2 comments:

  1. Jody
    What an adorable story! Mr. Dior does most of my painting too. He lets me do the finishing touches! LOL The table looks fabulous. I still have to order some from you!!! Have a great week

    xoxo
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I think your table turned out terrific! Mr. Smith must let you paint again. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing what you think!!! Your comments are a source of encouragement!