The ramblings of Mrs. Smith as she shops, decorates and anything else she deems funny!







Friday, January 1, 2010

A New Year, A few changes to my mantel

Late night, last night playing games and eating-6 kids running around yelling and having a good(sometimes a little grumpy) time. The Smith Hotel's yearly January 1st's tradition of heading to the snow for some snowman building and sledding with friends is minus Mrs. Smith and Snow(the dog). I am not a lover of snow or being cold. Maybe it has something to do with growing up in Southern California (we weren't rich-my dad was an elementary teacher and we shopped at Kmart not Nordstroms). So the house is quiet and I decided to fix my mantel.

I added shutters that I had purchased at a thrift store for $3. I bought them without having any clue what to use them for but I couldn't pass them up. I felt like more "height" was needed around the mirror. What do you think?
I used the ladder. Can you see how tall that mantel is? I didn't get hurt either (just an FYI for my mom and Mr. Smith).


Snow is soooo tired from partying last night. I just had to take a picture of her. I know she is enjoying the quiet house too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing what you think!!! Your comments are a source of encouragement!