The ramblings of Mrs. Smith as she shops, decorates and anything else she deems funny!







Saturday, January 16, 2010

A Little Bit About Me......Master Bedroom

We moved into this house a little over 5 years ago.  I wanted to find a color of water for the bedroom.  We decided to only paint one wall-Mr. Smith painted and he was gone for work the first 7 of the 8 weeks we first moved in here.  It would give us color in a little time. It's called "Rain washed" by Behr.  It still makes me happy even after 5 years.


I wanted to create a "hotel" feel with the white bedding. I bought the duvet cover and matching pillow cases for $40 last year online at Walmart. I made the "Annivesary Pillow" out of burlap to add a little interest to the bed.  I recovered my glidder rocker with an old shower curtain found at a thrift store for $2. 


The night stands were purchased at a garage sale for $18(my dad bought them for me).  I sanded them and painted them white(actually Mr. Smith took that over)  and I had Mr. Smith repaint the drawer handles since I liked the shape of them already. The cedar chest was made by my grandpa for my high school graduation gift.  The quilt rack was made by him as well for our wedding gift.


I just did a simple, clean look on the dresser. A piece of burlap cut with pinking shears and some books I recovered in brown paper bags (like back in high school).  The blue candle sticks were found at a thrift store. The white fleur de lis bowl was purchased at a garage sale (I bought 2-they had ugly rings on the sides that I just removed).


I found the basket that is on the ground hiding the cord for the lamp at a thrift store for $10.  I don't normally spend that much on thrift store baskets but I really loved this one.  Looked very "French" to me.


I originally wanted to create a beachy cottage feel and a few years ago I threw in some Eiffel Tower pictures too.  So you could call it my french, beachy cottage bedroom!  I will post my master bathroom soon.  It's a little unusual........


                                                           Thanks for taking a tour!
                                                            Jody (aka Mrs. Smith)

I am partcipating in Funky Junk Interior's Saturday Nite Special!

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love that wall color and bedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that wall color - and your bedding is beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing - I love love love "peeking" into other people's homes. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I grow up I want my house to be as beautiful as yours! Lovely feel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovin' that aqua wall...beachy for sure! You have an awesome blog and I'm signing up to follow you.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing what you think!!! Your comments are a source of encouragement!