The ramblings of Mrs. Smith as she shops, decorates and anything else she deems funny!







Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Cheap and Easy Couch Make Over

As I was browsing a thrift store before picking up the kids from school yesterday....I came across a quilt that had been cut up into 2 pieces.  Both pieces were $7 and with my usual decision making (meaning I have no idea what I might use them for but I will get them and figure it out later) I bought them and brought them home.

After washing and drying I did a zig zag stitch around both pieces.  Light bulb moment- What if I wrap the quilts around my couch and chair.

It isn't permanent but I thought it was a cheap update.  I am sure I will get tired of it soon so I will reuse the quilt pieces somewhere else or make something with them.




Joining Linda @ Coastal Charm

9 comments:

  1. Very Clever and I like that they can still be reused for something else.
    Love old quilts!
    Thanks for stopping by,
    dena
    sweet pickles and chocolate

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice...
    quilts @ thrift stores always makes me wonder who made it...was it a gift...what's the story of the quilt?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks terrific!
    I've done the same thing with one of our fugly couches around here.
    Great job!

    Have a wonderful Tuesday!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great way to refresh your space! Love shopping the house. What a pretty blog - glad to find you! Thanks for visiting me too at Shine Your Light. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good thinking! I think quilts are works of art anyway. You surely got your money's worth! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. What pretty colors! They were a great find. I like how you used them today. Isn't it so much fun to change things around and find a new place for them! I am the same way :)
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a THRIFTY idea...looks GREAT! Happy to see you at NTT!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love quilts and there are so many things you can do with them. 14 dollars is a great bargain. It looks really great!
    hugs,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jody!

    Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my last post! Thanks for checking out my friend's site, too.

    I love your idea for the quilt pieces! Great find! Oh, and I went and looked through your Etsy shop and I LOVE that sweet little coffe pot! It's adorable...I will be thinking about picking that one up!

    Have a great weekend,
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing what you think!!! Your comments are a source of encouragement!