The ramblings of Mrs. Smith as she shops, decorates and anything else she deems funny!







Friday, February 5, 2010

I've been busy.......

Here I am-Mrs. Smith-self portrait......
I am trying to take a picture of my newest creation.....
burlap flower lapel pins....

I think I am on a mission to see how many things I can create out of burlap....

This one is mine......it looks pretty cute on the hat if I do say so myself...... I made more....soon to be added to my Etsy shop....


Mini burlap heart flag with upcycled buttons.....at my Etsy shop now....

Here are some items that I had at home that I thought I would use to add some Valentine's Day decor around the house....
Made a banner out of my Pink,Glittery Letters and Burlap Heart flag.....

Wooden thread spools, ribbon, twine, fabric-pink gingham and yes burlap.....

Put my "X O"  on my empty frame with some pink tulle.....



My Present Wreath.....redecorated......thanks to my Mom's idea......Drama Queen helped by cutting out paper hearts out of card stock. Used pink crepe paper, ribbon, tulle, rick rack to make the packages look like they are for Valentine's Day presents (empty of course).

My newest burlap pillow......a heart of course......will be posting this to my shop as well....


I am getting ready for Redding Handmade Etsy Team's First Open House-tomorrow night at Sweetspot from 6-9pm.  If you are in the Redding, California area-make sure you grab a couple of girlfriends and check out all the creative people! 




Mr. Smith is diligently out looking for a job, interviews, networking.......We are hopeful!  In the meantime-I am going to shamelessly plug my Etsy Shop!!!  

4 comments:

  1. All that BURLAP is sooooo AWESOME...lovin' what you have done with it!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. The burlap flower on the hat is so very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it all! Your banner is fabulous. Thanks so much for linking up again. You are one talented lady! Good luck at your Open House.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have made some very cute things ! Love the buttons.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing what you think!!! Your comments are a source of encouragement!