The ramblings of Mrs. Smith as she shops, decorates and anything else she deems funny!







Friday, November 12, 2010

Free Decorating

Yesterday the kids and I spent a glorious Veteran's Day at home.  We cleaned the house.   Of course, one thing leads to another and I ended up emptying out the TV cabinet.

Naturally I didn't take a "before" picture.

If you look closely you can see some of the items I had in the cabinet on the coffee table.

I also decided to take down the items that I had on top of the cabinet as well...


I stashed most of the small items in the office.  I wanted to make a more simplified statement.



Less is more was the mantra of the day.  I took everything down off the fireplace mantle as well.


Put 7 white candles on the mantle.
Done.



Nice, simple and FREE!

In my decluttering, I am going to part with a box full of items that I just need to price and take over to Oregon St. Antiques Mall.


I feel like I can breathe a little better-Oh maybe it was the dusting that helped!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, looks great. What will happen when I leave next week for Minnesota?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I did the same thing...well sorta....took down all the Halloween decor and now my house looks super simple. I'm debating painting before redecorating with holiday or putting up my everyday decor

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job... it looks great! It's nice to have a little breathing room, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing what you think!!! Your comments are a source of encouragement!