The ramblings of Mrs. Smith as she shops, decorates and anything else she deems funny!







Monday, May 10, 2010

Kitchen Reveal~Finally!

It's funny when you speak to people in the real world and they are also part of blogland....I forget what I told them where and when....like my kitchen redo-some saw it in real life while others are still waiting to see it in blogland.....
This is the dresser that Mr. Smith painted and shabbied it up.....It was going to our booth but since we are crammed full I plan on using it to hold all my office/craft/shipping supplies.  Plus it's a little sturdier than the little table I had the printer on before!
My Ikea bookcase that I made burlap curtains for and used a $1 thrift store tension rod.

These are my new rugs that I bought at Joann's for 1/2 price- $25 total.

My tablecloth is a drop cloth from Home Depot.  I plan on using it other places and for other projects but for now it's my long flowing table cloth. 
This is my urn (the kiddos call it a bird bath) that I bought in Oregon last year and used on the coffee table at Christmas time.  I just threw in lots of white candles that I had and sea shells!

The faux roman shades I made out of burlap and cotton.  I made the "EAT" sign which you can read about here.

To read more about what my kitchen looked like before you can read these previous posts-here, here, here, here, and here.

Hope you enjoy my Kitchen Makeover!

Oh did I mention how much it cost me?  Don't have the exact number but under $150.00 for the primer, paint, and new accessories (most of which I just found around the house).

Joining Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays!


7 comments:

  1. You have a pretty, and large!, kitchen. I like all the vintage pieces too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good...luv the makeover...thanks for showing it off at NTT!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kitchen is very pretty. Lots of little touches that make it unique. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job and great look. Be blessed. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I LOVE the urn on the table!! Everything looks wonderful!

    Lou Cinda :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks relaxing - I love the bird bath.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing what you think!!! Your comments are a source of encouragement!