The ramblings of Mrs. Smith as she shops, decorates and anything else she deems funny!







Monday, March 1, 2010

Thrift store find and some crazy ideas....

The sun popped out yesterday....Another storm is coming so I thought I would take a picture of my daffodils.


Mr. Smith and I went to a couple of thrift stores today.  I bought these....



Sweaters.....I washed and dryed them twice to felt them...Not really sure if I did or not but 2 of the sweater I bought were 100 % cashmere sweaters....Only problem-okay 2 problems....size small and holes in them-lots of holes.    The tags say Marshall Fields and since they were damaged I got them for 99 cents each. 

What's a girl to do?



Drama Queen (who just turned 9 last week) can wear the cardigans.....So I guess they did shrink a little...But remember holes...lots of holes (I am sure from moths)...I am going to make patches and cover them up. 
So Drama Queen will get 2 100% cashmere cardigans (Oh-Mom they are sooo soft) with some funky patches.  I am going to have to wash everything again because whoops the fusible interfacing that I will be using says to NOT use a dry sheet.  So back in the wash again with the scraps of fabric that I am going to use as patches. 

Wish me Luck!


 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

  1. two comments...
    1. did you use HOT water & the HOT setting on the dryer.
    2. at least you know don't have to hand wash Drama Queen's "new" sweaters!

    I've been making some wall art...fun times...might get around to posting this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm wishing you luck...I'm sure you will come out on top! Love your beautiful flowers:) Thanks for coming to my NIFTY THRITY TUESDAYS party...hope to see you next week:)

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cashmere sweaters can be so pricey! You done good and I am sure you will have them just like you want them with your creativity. Be blessed. Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing what you think!!! Your comments are a source of encouragement!